Making Intention Cards

Hello, my friends!

I know - I fuddled on this one. Real life took over and all of this took a backseat. But I have kept thinking - I need to tell them how to do Intention Cards!

So, here I am:)

Okay, so do you have the items I had listed in the Intention Cards Supply List? You will want to have them on hand as you do these.

Now - first and foremost - do only one at a time. If you want to do several in a day, take a break between, go for a walk, watch a TV show, read a book... you get the idea. You will be putting yourself, your hopes, your dreams into these cards. And you want each one to reflect that specified intent.

The reason I told you to get 12 of them is that 
A: It is a nice round number.
B: If you wish to create your own Tarot Deck, this is a good start.
C: I tend to work in twelves – I don’t know why.

But, we are here to talk about intentions.

So... away we go.

I suggest you copy these instructions and print them out so you can have them with you when you are ready to proceed. (Link goes to online google doc you can print out.)

1. Write down on a piece of paper what you wish for - 
Some of you may ask - how do I know what I want? Well, look at your life. What do you notice that bugs you? Are you always saying things like "I hate my job" or "I wish I had a better body" or "Why can't I do anything right?" Then turn those around 180 degrees and you have three intentions right there.
I love my new job. It stimulates me and my boss absolutely loves me!
I love my body. It is perfectly me.
I love that everything I do is right in that moment.

Or maybe you actually have things you want like: A car, a house, a vacation.
So write out:
I love my red 2013 Jaguar F-Type S (well, whatever car you have your eye on).
I have the best house (describe how that house looks to you).
I couldn't feel better laying on the beach in Aruba and oh look, they just brought me my cocktail.

You might feel silly doing it but the fact is the more detailed you get and the more impassioned you become, the more you begin to align your vibration with your desire.

2. Choose one to work with.
Now that you have a list of things you want or want to intend, choose one. Your choice. You cannot make a wrong decision. There are no wrong decisions in this. 

3. Write that choice out on its own piece of paper.
Yep, Do it again. Write it out in present tense as thought it had already happened or was currently happening. Put the list away and just have that desire in front of you.

4. Meditate
This is something you want to meditate on. Do you have a favorite meditation technique? If not, here is what I do.

First, make sure you are in a place where you will not be interrupted, no loud noises. Look at and say your intention clearly. Put your feet flat on the floor and sit comfortably. Then close your eyes. 

Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth slowly. 

In. 

Out. 

In. 

Out. 

Keeping your eyes closed, focus on the top of your head. Feel it relax. I imagine a film covering the areas that are relaxing. Continue to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. 

Relax your forehead. Then your eyes. Nose. Mouth. Chin. Focus on each area letting them relax before you move on to the next. There is no hurrying here. Your throat, shoulders, arms and hands. Your chest, abdomen, waist and hips. Feel your upper legs relax and your knees, calves ankles and feet. When your toes are completely relaxed take another deep breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.

Now imagine you are in an elevator going from the twentieth floor down to the bottom floor. Slowly, very slowly. You see the number 20 in front of you. Then the number 19. Continue to breathe and relax. 18. 17. 16. Your body begins to sink into a very relaxed state. 15. 14. 13. 12. 11. 10. Half way there now and you can barely feel your body, you focus on your breath. 9. 8. 7. All you feel is your breath. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. You are there, in a deep, relaxing state of mind. 

Now visualize your intention. If you desire a car, imagine how it would feel as you look at it sitting in your driveway. Imagine the feel of the leather caressing your skin as you slip into the driver's seat. Smile as all your friends watch you drive by in your beautiful new car. Feel the wind in your hair? The sun on your skin? Breathe.

If you do not already meditate, you may only be able to do this for a few minutes at a time - and that is just fine. But when you can get to 10-15 minutes, you can really supercharge your vibration. 

When you feel you have felt and imagined all you can, begin to count from 1-10. One. Two. You feel a little more alert. Three. Four. You can feel your fingers and toes. Five. Six. Sounds come back to you. Seven. Eight. You can feel your body again. Nine. Ten. Open your eyes and take a nice deep breath and as you remember how amazing it feels to have your intention once again read the intention on the card feeling the truth of every word. 

5. Set the timer. (3 minutes)
Grab your box with images you have been saving and set a timer for 3 minutes. (Yes, just three) 

Why so few? You have set the intention in your heart and mind. The vibration from it is flowing out from you. If you gave yourself more time you might question your actions and we do not want to be thinking with our brain right now. 

For three minutes go through the box and pull out any image that strikes you. It may or may not have anything literal to do with your intention but that doesn't matter. If it appeals to you, pull it out and set it aside in a pile. 

When the timer goes off, put the box aside.

6. Prepare your board. (5 minutes)
Place one of your boards in front of you. 
Take the images you pulled out and begin to put them on the board and take them off. See what combinations appeal to you. If an image quite clearly does not belong, put it back in the box and forget about it for this card. Tear your images if needed, place them on the board. Overlap, move them around until five minutes is up.

7. Time to solidify the intent.
Remove the images from the board and put some sort of sealant on it, whether that be a glue stick or modge podge. Layer your images back onto the board. Don't worry if they are a bit off from what they were originally. Perfection is not needed here. Try to get them close, but remember to flow with the energy you have going. 

Once the images are all glued down, close your eyes and let it dry for a minute. Then, without looking at it, turn it over (open your eyes now) and use a VERY sharp instrument of some sort to cut off any paper hanging off of it. Once all the edges are even with the cardboard, turn it right side up. 

Cover with Modge Podge and set aside to dry. 

8. Repeat steps for the rest of your boards.
You may take a few days to a few months to complete the 12 boards and as one intention comes to pass you might find yourself retiring it and going on to a new one. 

And that is okay.

Or you may find your connection with them so intense that you create more and more.

And that is okay. This is very attuned to you, not anyone else.

9. Take 10 minutes to look at your boards twice a day.
I prefer morning and night, but choose what is best for you. 

Find a nice, quiet place. Meditate. Pull out your cards and one-by-one review them, feeling the happiness and joy that you know is there. Feel the connection with that intention and when you feel it is right, move on to the next one. 


I hope this has helped you and that you find intention cards help you to zero in on your intentions.

May all your dreams and wishes come true.

Namaste

Comments

  1. Mmm, sounds lovely. I made one intention board for the year, but making 12 cards would be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them because they are much more portable than a vision/intention board, even at their size. Plus there is something about concentrating on each intention one at a time that really helps focus my mind.

      If you have any questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one