I can do it, but should I?

Hello friends!

I am thinking this morning of things we do, but maybe shouldn't. This last weekend I moved myself.

Now, my new place is a mile from my old one. I had a small moving truck reserved and when I went to pick it up, I was informed they didn't have anything smaller than a 20 footer. Can you say melt-down? I took a deep breath... well maybe five or ten... and instead rented a pickup. From 8am till 8:30 pm I was either loading the truck or unloading it.

That's right folks, I moved myself. And the only way I did it was to keep up the mantra "I am moved and am in my new apartment." So, this morning, I sit with aching feet, arms, back, and knees, and blisters on every toe thinking, "Why didn't I just hire movers?"

It sets me in mind of the things we do every day that keep us from what we want to be doing. I will admit one of my major faults is that I have an almost impossible time asking for help. It's this stupid childhood training that I had that tells me I have to be able to do everything myself or ... *Sigh*

So, I could have spent my time this weekend on better things. I could be sitting here feeling good rather than in pain. Its' July 4th and what will I be doing? Not much as I really can't move.

So, I now add another item to my checklist. "I will focus on the important things and let others do things that get in my way."

You may be wondering if this applies to you. Do you find yourself cleaning your house when you could be making sales calls? Are you once again spending mindless hours running errands when you could be working toward your goals? There are people who do these things for their businesses. If you could hire one of them to do the things you don't need to do so that you can concentrate on your goals, its kind of a win-win situation.

Okay... now back to that checklist...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pity Party: Party of one

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one