It's a piece of cake

Hey, all :) How's your 2015 going? Hopefully swimmingly. So, let me tell you what that title means.

I'm sure everyone has heard how 'easy' it is to get things to work for you. Easy is all relative. If you are a naturally positive person, I could see it as being much easier than if you're not. Plus, easy to whom? People who have been doing it for years and who have gained the majority of what they truly wanted? In hindsight things look easier, don't they?

But that doesn't mean they have to be hard. In fact, they could be a piece of cake.

What do I mean?

Have you tried getting the little things? Or, even having the little things come through without trying? For me, they are a wonderful, happy reminder of how this universe works. I don't try anymore to see if they work, they just do. Last Friday, I was on my way home from the gym and I thought, "Oh, I'd like a piece of cake." I even knew exactly what bakery it would be from and how it would taste. But the closer I got to home, I decided just to go and get back to work. Less than an hour later, I got a visitor who  brought me a piece of cake from the exact bakery I was thinking about.

And it tasted really good.

So we look at tiny things like getting a piece of cake or a coffee, or... [insert your chosen small thing here] and then we look at the other desires/goals. You know the ones - we tend to think of them as 'the big ones' or 'the important ones' or 'the stuff I really, really want' and am still waiting for. What makes them big or important? We do. As humans we see things through our tiny little thoughts and measure everything. Such as - finding my love is a much bigger goal than getting a piece of cake. I think we'd all agree that's true.

In human thinking.

But in universal thinking? I don't think there is big or small. After all, the universal forces that worked to get me a piece of cake had to work through another person to take them TO that bakery and choose just the KIND of cake I would want. Which means, if I didn't put more weight on the 'love of my life' desire, it would be just as easy to get. Instead, I've thought of it as 'one of my top three goals' for so long and even convinced myself that the difficulty in this would take much longer.

Does it sound crazy that I just realized today what I've been doing to myself? I've been making my dream of having the love of my life hard. I've been thinking of it as the harder job, the task that would take more time, and look? It has. So today, I work at changing that thought.

The more I do it, the easier it is to change my thoughts relatively quickly. First, I use affirmations, which turn the thought into a belief. Then I believe it for awhile until one day, I realize I don't have to believe it anymore because I know it. And knowledge is where some of the stress falls off.

Because since I know it has happened, then I don't have to think or worry about the event anymore. I'm now acting from the other side. I have him in my life, so this is what I do now that he's here...

So I start today knowing that my goals - all of them - are a piece of cake. If I don't put limits on them - making them hard, difficult, huge, big = then they can come just as easily as that piece of cake.

And I'll enjoy every last taste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one