Join me in being in the Now

If you've dealt with metaphysics at all, you've probably heard the phrase "be in the now". Now, considering the fact that they also say to live 'in the end', I will admit, I get confused as to the concept.

I figured out six months ago that, at the time, it meant thinking in a completely different way to the way I was thinking before, and as always happens in the study of anything, the deeper you go, the more our knowledge of said definitions change.

I've been thinking a lot about being in the now today and I am thinking, at my current level of knowledge, that there is a depth there that I am ready to grasp.

As such, I am focused in July to being 'in the now', to take 15 minutes a day and just be. No thinking of other things, no imagining the end, no going over plot lines in my head (which is my biggest mind filler). Just take those fifteen minutes to be aware.

Aware of what? Good question. I know there is so much we don't 'see' with our mind the way we have been taught to see. As I have watched a shift in reality happen, I know there is just so much in front of us we don't grasp. So, my goal is, before my focused meditation, to meditate myself into calm awareness.

Awareness of what is around me that I can see.

Awareness of what is around me that I don't consciously see.

Awareness of whatever the universe cares to share with me.

Basically - to try and not think for fifteen minutes.

I think that without this ability to 'be in the now' it is easy to miss signals that we need to do 'this' rather than 'that' or we should turn right rather than left.

So, in two days I start this new level of consciousness. I'm excited. I know it will take time to quiet my mind that much without sleeping, but I look forward to what I can learn by being IN the now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program