3rd day in #40days

So, on my third day of meditation. I'm enjoying doing two different guided meditations daily by davidji. The universe even helped out on Saturday by sending a Fly to remind me to be in the now. It pushed me into meditating that day when I'd kind of been putting it off because I had other things to do.

It's definitely helping already in a few ways.

First, I'm sleeping better and deeper. No more toss, turn, toss, turn. And even if it didn't do all sorts of other good, that would be a reason in and of itself.

Second, I'm more conscious of my thoughts - and there are so damned many. But in this, I'm training my egoic brain to stop filling my mind with static. Because that is what 99% of our thoughts are. Pure and utter static. Just words and the feelings they engender that muck up our thoughts and vibration. And with all that static, is it any wonder I had a hard time hearing the universe as often as I would like? I tended to catch the warnings, but was missing out on the inspiration.

It's helping me to focus. Focus on now. Focus on where I am at. Focus on being happy here in my basement apartment. Focus on joy.

Some of my struggles:

1 - In just doing it. Once I lay down and turn the meditation on, I'm set and I love it. But forcing myself to 'find time' is something I'm having to change my thought pattern on. This is something that I enjoy, so why do I need to 'find time?'

2 - I have a hard time with earphones as they give me head and jaw aches. So I usually just listen over the speakers on my tablet or MP3 player. But davidji's voice goes up and down and I miss half the words. And then at the end when he does the Om sound, it's so loud it makes me jump. I have several music meditation cds. I might switch to them.

Okay, well I'm off to get things done. Happy meditating, everyone :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program