Summer of Change, Extra #2: Attitude of Gratitude


Yes, you knew I was going to get to this sooner or later. Gratitude is an amazing thing. When you truly feel grateful for something, it sounds out the most amazing vibration into the universe, connecting you to your dreams and to more amazing things than you can imagine.

Now, notice I said ‘truly feel grateful”. No false gratitude here. I put this as an extra, because this is a daily assignment. At least through the rest of the Summer of Change. Hopefully throughout the rest of your life in one way or another.

I want you to pull out a piece of paper. In fact, get a pad of paper and Write on the front: GRATITUDE JOURNAL

Now, I want you to do this by hand if you can. Writing by hand is actually a much deeper connection than typing something. You have to draw each letter, not just hit a button.

Now, for each day, I want you to make a list of ten things you are grateful for in that very moment. Yep. Ten. And remember, only things you are TRULY grateful for. Don’t put down items you think you should  be grateful for – that’s missing the point of this exercise.

I started this back 2008 and let me tell you the results (though the first four are listed on this blog post as well.)

My emotional Life Timeline:
  • Ages 7-28: 99% negative, 1% neutral
  • Ages 29-38 (was doing daily affirmations, didn't know about LOA): 50% positive, 30% neutral, 20% negative
  • Ages 39-40 (pre-challenge, after learning about LOA): 70% positive, 25% neutral, 5% negative
  • After 30 days of doing a gratitude journal: 97% positive, 3% neutral, negative is so minimal - so fleeting it can't be measured. 
  • Now: 99.5% positive, 0.5% neutral, negative is so negligible, it can’t be measured.
Now, is that change or WHAT!

It only takes a few minutes, so get to it! I will warn you, if you aren’t used to focusing on gratitude, you may be stumped at first. I know when I first started I felt silly because it came down to things like “I’m grateful for my computer”. But as you feel the gratitude and acknowledge it every day, you will receive more things to be grateful for. And more. And more…

Start now! It’s so worth it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pity Party: Party of one

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one