Summer of Change, Extra #1: Cast Your Burden


Florence Scovel Shinn has an interesting take on the phrase ‘Cast your burden’. If you have done any study of the bible, you have heard this phrase. “Cast your burden on the lord so that it may be light”.

What does that mean? Well, it essentially means we are not meant to do this on our own. We are such independent creatures sometimes, or we’ve been taught not to ask, that we don’t even think that our burdens are not ours to bear. Nope. Not one.

If you take as a premise that ‘god’ or ‘christ’ is internal. That the great I AM is actually our own human imagination. Or that we are all tied together with only 5% of our spirit residing in these frail human bodies and the other 95% residing elsewhere amongst the 95%s from everywhere else, this is the premise:

We’re all in this together.

So cast your burden upon those who are ready and willing to bear it, to help take the weight off your shoulders, to make things right. Your job? Be happy.

How might this be done? Let’s say your issue is guilt. “I cast this guilt upon the christ within and go free.” Say it internally over and over and over until you realize that guilt isn’t as oppressive. Keep repeating it until that guilt is gone. It can happen quicker than you may expect. Doing it with intent makes it happen faster.

When I was 24/25, I was unaware of this simple issue. The religion I was a member of told us never to ask god for anything. That we were not worthy of his help, essentially. (What a load of crap that was!) But I had something that was tearing me apart. So I prayed over and over to a god I didn’t even believe in to take the hatred and anger I felt away from me. I prayed constantly for this. One day, I can’t remember how much later, I suddenly realized the hatred and anger were gone. Poof! They had been removed from my shoulders and my burden was so light it was weightless.

You can use this for anything weighing you down. Negative emotions? Debts? Oppression? Feeling cheated? Anything that is weighing you down is a burden. Cast it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one