Give the logical mind a rest

I'm going to talk today about the logical mind. Now - not in terms of left/right brain, that is something entirely different. What I want to discuss is the side of your brain that wants to make sense of things.

You know the section: it says things like "Why doesn't this work for me?" and "I don't get it."

We've all heard that from ourselves, and 99 times out of 100, we think we are logically thinking things out so we can find the answer, thus fixing our problem.

But guess what? Thinking those kinds of thoughts and feeling the emotions that come with them actually attract the opposite to what you want.

For instance, saying: "I don't get it" over and over will do nothing except make sure you never get it.

I'm an inquisitive sort and when something doesn't happen the way I expect it to, I want to investigate as to why. But guess what? That is the antithesis to getting what I want. If my premise is "Why doesn't this work?" then guess what? I'm going to attract all the reasons it doesn't work AND will also make sure not to attract what I actually want.

Instead, what should you say/think? First off, when thoughts like "Why doesn't this work for me?" and "I don't get it." come to mind, let them float by but try not to give them your attention. Instead, flip your thoughts over to something positive. ANYTHING positive. The first step is to get yourself in a happy place. Once you are in that happy place, then you can create an affirmation that counteracts the original thoughts. (I have found a great way to pop into a positive/happy frame of mind is to put my earphones in my hears and turn on the song Happy. After one or two times the song has played, I'm in a much better mood.)

So "Why doesn't this work for me?" could  become "I love how my wishes and desires instantly come true." and "I don't get it" can become "I am an amazing manifestor."

Once you're in that happy place, at first your logical mind may try to butt in and give you its reasoning. But guess what? Your logical mind is just a part of you. So you can thank it for its input, but assure it that you've got it handled. Politely ask it to be quiet while you do your thing. And guess what? If you're in a calm/happy state, it will do so.

Comments

  1. <3 <3 <3 Precisely my own latest realization!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pity Party: Party of one

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one