Change of sight can be scary

Change is very difficult overall for the human race. I read once that people were more scared of change than of dying. Which sounds stupid until you realize that death tends to come quickly for most of us. Change? Not so much.

In all actuality, if we would allow it, change can be instantaneous. The problem is, we don't allow it. And even when we do allow it, the new way of seeing things may not seem right-it might be so far different than what we are used to that we cannot handle it. So what do we do? We retreat...turn back...convince ourselves the 'us' previous to change wasn't so bad. Because the momentary fear or discomfort is not something we can look past.

And yes, it is momentary.

As I mentioned in another post, I have been working with Neville Goddard's The Law and I can see the changes. Some of them have been instantaneous, some have taken a few days. Some are still ruminating until my mind releases its resistance to the change required.

But what makes me think of this is the following:

I was born partially blind. Couldn't see out of one eye, could barely see out of the other. I had an operation at 1 year old, wore patches over my 'good eye' until I was six or seven, and started wearing thick glasses in fifth grade. I wore them until I was 18 when my eye doctor told me that my eyes weren't getting any worse or any better, so it was my choice whether to keep the glasses or not. I chose not.

You would think in that time, that they would have noticed what was wrong with my eyes. But the closest an eye doctor ever came to giving me a 'diagnosis' was with the words "Well, you definitely see differently than anyone else." UH..duh?

I was 21, when I found out that other people saw the exact same image with both eyes. I remember thinking that was the freakiest thing I had ever heard as I never saw the same thing with both eyes. Until I found out that I was the oddity, not everyone else. Yes, I thought everyone else could practically see behind them, too. I was wrong. Just me...and a few others.

It never bothered me, except for a few things.

1: I could never 'look someone in the eye'. If I tried, they would look over their shoulder to see what I was looking at. It made job interviews a total horror. And I have been too self-conscious to try in years.

2: My depth perception sucks. Try getting hit in the face with a ball a few times because you literally have no clue where it is in relation to you and you will see what I mean. Or turning left while driving with cars rushing at you.

3: It even made meeting the opposite sex a trial because I never felt like I could look the guy in the eye and that never went well.

So, as I took on what I was learning from Neville and saw several physical manifestations of my imaginings and especially how fast the physical replied to my imagination, I decided it was time to put that whole embarrassing issue behind me.

I chose to have better than 20/20 vision with both eyes and be able to look people in the eye. I chose that my eyes worked harmoniously together.

I chose that and knew there would be a change.

Over the last few weeks, those changes are becoming more and more obvious. I can now 'read' with my right eye, which has always seen far and not near. My left eye, which was always my dominant one, has been joined by my right eye in focus - which unless you aren't used to it, probably makes no sense. But try to imagine that your eyes don't quite yet see the exact same thing. But, whereas one was dominant and the other would only pay attention when needed, now they both want to pay attention. So my brain is getting two completely different impulses at the same time. And in crystal clear focus.

That thrills me - especially when I look in the mirror with my left eye and my right eye is no longer up to the right but almost looking directly back at me. That is exciting.

But, change is happening and as such, some things are scary. Like...driving. I used to have the BEST peripheral vision. I could practically see people behind me. I can't now. And as such, I am not as aware of cars in the next lane. So, I have to stay in the right lane more than I like because I don't have that 'look out' from my right eye.

So, if I was scared of change, I might decide that seeing the way I have all my life wasn't so bad. In fact, there were a lot of pluses and hell, I might just go back there.

But guess what? I knew there would be issues. They aren't things I can't deal with. There are too many pluses to look forward to to stop now.

For I look forward to looking into someone's eyes with both of mine. Already, the world is taking on a three-dimensionality, whereas in the past it was always two-dimensional. Yes, the world always looked like a painting to me. But now? Talk about having a whole new world open to me.

So, what am I saying? Change may be scary, but try and push through it. Realize this is but temporary and that what lays on the other side is just SO MUCH BETTER!

Soon, my imagined reality of "I see better than 20/20 with both eyes" will be a physical reality. I am already more than halfway there.

"See" you then ;) If you are walking down the street and you see a beautiful woman meeting everyone's eye, it's probably just me...celebrating ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one