That which you desire to be

When one starts on the road to their fulfillment by spiritual and mental changes, it is a strange and unique journey. I have been through several 'teachers'. I didn't leave their 'teachings' because I disagreed with them. In fact, I am thankful for those teachers and what they taught me. But any good teacher will tell you that what they teach is only there to help you move on to greater learning.

Currently I am working with The Law as taught by Neville Goddard (albeit I do it without most of the jesus/god references).

His teaching that nothing is without, but everything is within makes sense to me. That our entire outer picture is created by what we think, what we focus on, and what we believe.

I am grateful for all the teachers who I had before that prepared me for this journey. In fact, I am in agreeance with the phrase "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear." Neville taught this great Law starting in the late 1930s. And yet, I only found it in late October/Early September of this year. I wasn't ready before.

I am now.

I want to spend this post talking about one of his premises:

If you are dissatisfied with your present expression in life the only way to change it, is to take your attention away from that which seems so real to you and rise in consciousness to that which you desire to be. (Goddard, At Your Command)

Unfortunately, we have been taught to trust and believe that which is outside of us. When in fact, nothing outside of us is truly real. It is the end result of what we think. Thus, since what we think can change what is physically in front of us, is it real?

What is real? Mirriam Webster defines the word REAL as follows:

  • actually existing or happening : not imaginary.
  • not fake, false, or artificial
  • important and deserving to be regarded or treated in a serious way

Interesting definition.

In the way we have been taught, our imagination is shunted to the side. Little boys and girls are told to stop putting their heads in the clouds and to pay attention to what is real.

Real to whom? Other people who have not made their dreams come true? Or even worse, those who had to sweat and almost kill themselves to make their dreams come to fruition?

When you read, study, and then practice "The Law" and you gain faith within it and see it work, what is real starts changing. To me, what is real is what is in my imagination. That is reality. That is what is real. For it is where I choose to be and from my experience, will become physically manifested - some of it already is.

The physical reality, what Mirriam Webster calls "not fake, false, or artificial", to me is fake, false AND artificial. For I can change the physical by using my imagination. At which point, what is in front of me changes - sometimes instantaneously. Which would make the physical 'reality' fake and artificial, would it not?

But let's look at the third definition "important and deserving to be regarded or treated in a serious way". Hmm, so what is real? By this definition, it is our human imagination. Paying attention to and giving import to things that are continuously changing (like our physical reality) and unimportant seems preposterous. Yet, our imagination can bring people, places, and things into our lives. It can bring us money, our soul mate, and everything we have ever dreamed of.

Now - why am I saying this is "important and deserving to be regarded or treated in a serious way" ? Because it can also bring about the exact opposite.

Every thought that goes through our head is important, those that linger or come with strong emotion even that much more important. Yes, problems exist - but DO NOT concentrate on them or you will bring in more problems. Try not to notice them at all. Turn off the television. Don't download the news. Don't answer your telephone if you know the other person on the end of the line is going to spill negativity into you.

And if you want some words of wisdom to help? Neville says the Bible is allegory, not history, that everything within it is a lesson to help us achieve our every desire. Sins are not what religion has proclaimed, but instead, sins are speaking badly of our own I AM nature, of putting ourselves down, of not living to our infinite potential.

"I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven." (Matthew 18:3)

So, live with your head in the clouds. Be like a little child. Dream big, dream positive, laugh, fill with joy, play, fulfill your personal happy story.

And have the life you have always dreamed of. It might not happen overnight - if you haven't learned the beginning steps, it will take longer than some. BUT - is it worth it?

You tell me. Would you prefer to live by others' rules, be under their foot, and let them make your decisions so that you have someone else to blame? Or would you rather accept your life as created by you, both the good and the bad, and dig in and make the future the best one you can imagine?

It is your choice, nobody but you can make it for you.

Read, once again, Neville's words:

If you are dissatisfied with your present expression in life the only way to change it, is to take your attention away from that which seems so real to you and rise in consciousness to that which you desire to be. (Goddard, At Your Command)

Learn how to use your I AM'ness, your human imagination. Glory in it. Create your world consciously.

Now, I must get back to my imagination-

,,,and we all lived happily ever after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one