Back on the Blog again / / / / /

Well, I'm back from WOTS. I'm tired from all the walking I did and all the information that I tried to cram into my head.

With WOTS behind me, I get to concentrate on 2 things: My book getting into print form and moving to Portland.

Today, I got my copyright app done and the ISBN created for the print copy. So, as the book is ready, the only thing I have to wait for is the Library of Congress # which should be here in a week or so. Until that time, I will be focusing on money and Portland.

I am almost complete with the cleaning pamphlet. Its a small pamphlet that will list several "recipes" for simple, clean cleaning supplies. When I complete it, I will have one printed up to figure out price. I am hoping to sell if for the price of everything involved (including shipping for those in the US). Probably $2-$3.



I hate all the chemicals in cleaners plus even the cleaners that are trying to be green are very expensive (use a buzz word like green and hey, double the price!), plus most of them still use chemicals, they are just plant generated.

When the pamphlet is done and I have figured out price, I am going to start selling it online and trying to get it into stores which focus on natural products. I have several contacts in the Seattle and Portland areas. If anyone knows of stores in their area that might fit the bill, let me know! As many stores that could carry it would be fantastic. Think about how much better the air inside of our homes and our very own health would be if we were cleaning our homes cleanly! (oops, on a soap box again - hides soap box behind her with a sheepish smile)

This week I also need to get a postal box in Portland. I am on a waiting list for a PO Box, and there is only one Mail & More in the area I am focusing on and I am not impressed with them. Then I will need to fill out a DBA form for my publishing name and become an official Portland Company! I bought the URLs for the name today (I checked Books in Print and online first to see if there was anything close - nope!)

I will add my ISBN Bar code to the back of my book cover.

Along with that, I am going to start trying to get freelance writing assignments in Portland. I don't want to do web development anymore (Anyone looking at my website shouldn't be surprised - it kinda sucks - oooh mental note, need to find a web designer to create my publishing and author sites.) So, I will be searching Craislist and the Portland Metro newspapers as well as all of the Freelance sites online.

That'l keep me busy:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one