You're human. Give yourself a break

As humans, we expect perfection from ourselves. In my last post I talked about breaking away from stuff that is meant to feel good when it feels bad. Today, I'm just going to simply tell you:

You're human.

You are going to have bad moments every once in awhile. It's going to happen. Don't beat yourself up about it. Recognize your feelings, appreciate them for what they are, and when you are able to - find your belief and travel upward again.

At the beginning, one bad thought isn't going to hurt you. If you persist in negative thoughts, then you are fighting against the wind, but I think it more likely that you may expect yourself to do it perfectly the first time.

And you may find that you did. The first thing you worked for came through quickly and effortlessly just like you read about. But the second? Is a struggle. And you begin to doubt.

Overall, if you continue to doubt and don't replace it with belief and the right thoughts, it will derail you, but one moment of doubt here and there is not going to stop everything.

Just like yesterday morning. I felt sad because the thing that's coming wasn't here yet. But I didn't dwell there. I recognized that was a normal reaction to the situation but instantly imagined the end result and soon the sadness went away, replaced by that wonderful knowing.

There will come a time when your thoughts have a chance of direct result - in a way you would rather not have. Ask the divine to warn you about them. For me? It's spiders. Spiders warn me when I've gone off track. Before they've come in context of real live spiders crawling above me on the ceiling or on the walls nearby. Yesterday, the divine needed me to stop my thought process. I was daydreaming, but the dream took a turn for the negative - I'm a writer and this sometimes can happen in the oddest ways.

I was lying on my bed and staring straight ahead of me and a spider literally fell right in front of my eyes. I gasped and sat up, my heart beating fast. And yet, I knew the spider wouldn't actually be there - the shadow of it told me it was either in another reality or something similar. Instinctively, after having worked with spiders for months and with what happened, I knew the divine was sending me a message "Stop thinking that NOW!"

So I did. I took my dream and imagined how I wanted it to be and soon went back to my calm, positive, peaceful knowing. There is no doubt that in that instant, that dream would have affected something I did not want it to affect. So I thanked the divine and moved on.

Notice, I did not lambast myself for thinking the dream or even felt any bad emotion, except a little adrenalin and natural fear. I just thanked the divine and moved on.

So next time you 'make a mistake', take heart. You're human and it's going to happen from time to time, especially at the beginning. Ask the universe/divine design/god/all that is'ness to help you to recognize when you are headed down that path so that you can stop when you do. Then, when you do, don't exacerbate the problem by being angry at yourself, just thank the universe for letting you know, change your thoughts/words and move on.

Stop being hard on yourself. You deserve better than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pity Party: Party of one

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one