Don't stare at the sun...

This morning I was at the gym reading a book on Astrology for Writers - basically how to do story and character creation using astrology archetypes as your guide. Just before I left, something hit me and it took a few minutes to percolate before I realized what was tugging at my brain.

So I had to create an image to encapsulate it. Essentially, everyone tells us "Don't look at the sun or you'll go blind." But there are more ways to go blind than just by physical sight. To go spiritually blind or blind to one's own good nature is far worse in my opinion.

So if you take the Sun as the hero aspect - intrinsically good, strong, heroic, always on the side of right, etc, and you stare at such an individual constantly, you'll always focus and intensify certain parts of who they are:

  • Wow, look at how built he is.
  • She's so smart.
  • He can do anything.
  • She won the local marathon.


Those kinds of thoughts are made up by our egos. And we start to compare their 'goodness' against what we consider our worst qualities.

  • She's beautiful. She'd never look at someone like me.
  • He's built up his own business. I can't keep my mind on anything for 2 seconds.

And we lose sight of our GOOD qualities. And every single one of us has good qualities, but if we focus only on what we perceive to be faults, we'll lose sight of what's good within us and we may even forget in time. And if we're focused on perceived faults, we'll just get more situations that emphasize those perceived faults and more faults to focus on.

So Don't Stare at the Hero, peeps. He/She is no better or worse than you are.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one