Day 12 - Found major resistance

( Originally posted July 31, 2008 Boundless Living Challenge )


Well, yesterday (Day 11) I came across some major resistance. It is an issue I have had all my life, and yesterday it hit really hard. I was really tired, and it came up while I was doing EFT.


I have this intense need to be perfect. If I'm not perfect it truly throws me off - actually it destroys me. When I started the tapping, I immediately lost it. You could say that on a scale of 0-10, my reaction was a 20. I tapped 3 times and got it down to a 15. I changed the wording a little bit, but that is where it stayed. I need to get this resistance down, I'm just not sure what words I need to use. After getting the feeling down a tiny bit, I tried some positive tapping to see if that could help, but when I tried to tap "It is ok if I'm not perfect", all I heard was "Oh NO IT'S NOT!"

Now, I know where this issue comes from. I know who started it and why its there. I had this issue crammed into my head from the time I was 5 till I was 12. I want to get rid of it, but feel that it is an uphill battle. I haven't done my EFT yet today and will admit to being a touch fearful of how its going to go. (Jeez - It just hit me that I'm upset that I can't even get perfect results from EFT right away)

**Bang head on desk** **Bang head on desk** **Bang head on desk**

I have gotten enough of peace and happiness (in fact I feel more at peace now than I have in any memory) that I am not going to stop any time soon. But . . . . if I can't get rid of this whole perfection ideal, where is that going to leave me????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one