Optimism vs Pessimism

I heard a commercial on the radio a couple days ago that has stuck with me.

It is a conversation between Two people

Person 1: "Hey, let's go full time with the business!"

Person 2: "We don't have any clients"

Person 1: "PacificCorp said they want to sign with us"

Person 2: "We don't have an office."

Person 1: "We can work from home and take it off our taxes"

Person 2: "We don't have any employees"

Person 1: "We have our spouses" . .

Question we all need to ask ourselves - Are we Person #1 or Person #2?

Ever since I heard the ad, I have not been able to get it off my mind. I'm not Person #2 anymore - I definitely used to be that years ago. But, I am not sure I am Person #1 yet. I think I am somewhere in between.

What I like about Person #1 is that not only are they positive, but quick witted as well - I would like to be able to do that - Have an idea and be able to spot the positive idea in every challenge. I tend to get going, get stuck, fight against the current, then get mired down in quicksand.

Since I have started the challenge, I am far more Person #1 than I ever have been before. I read so many blogs and I love that so many of you post exactly what you are doing. I have a really hard time posting my ideas. I am pretty sure I even know where I can trace it from. When I was 21 and working up in Jackson Hole, WY, I had written a children's story. I met a guy who was an artist who offered to illustrate the story for me. I trusted him and handed him the story (my only copy, yeah I know, not the smartest thing I have ever done). Two days later he left Jackson Hole (He was supposed to be there all summer) and I never saw or heard from him again. BUT - a few years later I was working in a bookstore and guess what I saw? A popular children's book, with Terry's name all over it. Problem was - it was my story.

So, I have a real hard time sharing what I am doing with people. The last few days, my horoscope has been telling me to shout to the world what I am doing, but I just can't. It sounds silly - I know I can use the resistance programs I have learned to work on this - but there is part of me that doesn't want to give up that "protection". The thought "But what if it happens again?" surfaces constantly. Yes, I know the whole LoA frame of mind and I even know its incredibly silly to be holding on to this. But, Person #2 raises her head . . .

Ok, Ok, now that I have written this - I am going to go work on this issue - I look at what I just wrote and know it is not what I want in my life. I want to be open, not closed. I want to be optimistic, not pessimistic.

I want to be Person #1~!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

Pity Party: Party of one

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one