Day 22 - Listless

(Originally posted Aug 10, 2008 Boundless Living Challenge)


Today I am feeling pretty listless. While there are some physical factors going on, I think my brain is tired :)

I spent yesterday morning doing avid research on the publisher who wants to publish my book, and I don't like what I have found. They sound like a bad company to be dealing with. Lots of postings of "doesn't pay royalties" and "prices retail too high, with only a 5% difference between wholesale/retail". Plus, I went up to Amazon.com - they don't carry PA's books. Borders doesn't carry PA's books. So, I don't think I am going to be signing that contract.

I am thankful this all came as I am going to get my book published, but I am going to really work on how. I don't like the idea of a vanity publisher as it is really hard to get your book into bookstores that way (no returns policy). I am considering self-publishing, but will need the $10,000 to get 5000 copies printed and start the marketing campaign as well as enough savings to keep me solvent while I am out there selling my books. I am also going to "re-consider" trying to find an agent.

I sit here knowing I need to do my tapping and my 10-10 list, but with a not-really-caring feeling about the whole thing. I know that this kind of road-block can really send me in a backwards trajectory, and I don't want that to happen. I just wish I really cared at the moment. I don't seem to feel much of anything.

Well, I think I'm gonna go take a nap - maybe I will feel more up when I get up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pity Party: Party of one

Review: Bob Proctor 10-week Intensive Coaching Program

End of one Journey, beginning of a new one